RSS

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Poetry Challenge Day 5 Topic: PATIENCE

The poetry challenge for Day 5 was quite poignant...tough to write about because of its highs and lows.  Judith Takwi, my sister from the Motherland (Cameroon, what's up!) made my mind go into diabetic shock with the sweetness of this poem.  Check it out!


In search of Patience, I found hope
She look so at peace and happy
I asked for her advised and she said WAIT
But how could I when need knocks

...
I journeyed along and meet LOVE
Oh!! How beautiful she looked
Radiant like the morning sun
Her company was almost healing
I clung to her for answers and she said WAIT

In despair I sat and Waited
The blings I yean for flew right by me
I tried to grab and snatch but to no avail
I could not bear just sitting there, so I ran

In persuit I bumped into stagnant objects
It was not funny as the brusises turned blue
The windows of my being were shuting down
Like a snail, I dragged my limbs forward
And felt my persona falling, failing, falling

In anguish, I cried out "Lord !! and He said WAIT
I wondered in misery my delima in life
As the fineries of life flashed me by
For how Long Oh My God, For How Long!!
I can't just wait I thought, got to move on

In My distress, Faith found me ebbing away
She cloth me with warmeth and gave me life
She made me talk of my journey and quest
As I looked up to her for answers yet unfound

She embraced me with Love and Hope
The minutes turned in hours, then days, then years
For Once I WAITED, It seemed like just Yesterday
But I sat there, eyes glitering in tears and Waited



As I waited, she said



BE STILL

0 comments:

Post a Comment