RSS

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Poetry Challenge Day 7 Topic: CHILDHOOD

My goodness...I am amazed by the anointing that can be reflected through the written medium.  I'm not playing favorites at all, but my cousin Sheneka Kinsey put it down so forcefully on the challenge yesterday that I didn't require anyone to post their pieces.  OMG...it touched emotions in everyone that they didn't realize were there.  Here is her piece entitled "Mother May I?"

MOTHER, MAY I?



mother may i
lay on your lap and cry?
...
it hurts so bad i want to die
cant u see the trembles coursing my thighs?
dont u see the fear that traces my eyes?
mother may i
please ask why?
what value do i possess now that i have been demoralized?
oh mother may i
play hide and seek with the truth
turn my bruised cheeks so this doesnt hurt u
none of it is your fault, in fact by the grace of God u are the reason i pulled through
but mama you have to see what this molestation has done to my youth
it stains my happiness, oh what do i do?
oh how i wish i could play hide and seek with my misery
so that i can red light my past and green light my destiny
and be proud of the me
that my Creator created me to be
rich in all of His glory
clothed in His wonderful majesty..
covered by His shed blood for humanity.
to embrace what has happened and move on happily...
but until i reach that point in my
6 yrs of life,
oh mother just please can i
rest just my head on your thigh
and cry.....

0 comments:

Post a Comment