RSS

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Poetry Challenge Day 9 Topic: IF POETRY WAS A MAN (OR WOMAN)

Well, a dear friend of mine who sweats poetry through his pores came up with this topic for today.  What if poetry was a man or woman...a romantic interest, so to speak?  Just reading his topic made music sound in my ears.  That melody is where this piece came from.  Enjoy!

FA SOL LA TI


If poetry
was a brother...
ooh...
...
you know how you can just tell
a man is a good lover?
well...you really can't,
but looking at his style and beat
the way he speaks
would definitely tempt any sister like me
to find out.

without a doubt, we...
poetry and i
in another life
have made sweet love so many times
i am his
and he is mine
like a spider we stay intertwined
four arms
four legs
climbing...
walls
weaving...
webs
caught up in the rapture
of each word we've said

he was my first and taught me well
how to hypnotize lovers
and
encourage countless others
with the intoxicating spell
my words created.

i've always appreciated how much
he
loved
me
especial-
ly different...

every time
he planted his seed...the ink would saturate
and
orchestrate mysterious melodies
make me hit notes
fa...
sol...
la...
ti...

he'd hit me with a sonnet
14 lines of romance
then we'd dance in
iambic pentameter
we'd rest in each other
and find ourselves late
for whatever we had to do
so we'd sweat and engage in a quickie haiku

if only you knew
how his odes and epics
kept me open and wet
we'd connect with laughter
and limerick
he was and always will be
my perfect fit.

but that was another lifetime.

the rhyme of my living
became boring reason
drama killed off my passion
and committed high treason
and all that was left of my personality
was an epitaph and tragic
elegy

yet somehow he found his way
back to me
my Poetry
awakened me
and became my knight
and hero

and you can hear the notes of my life rebuilding
ever so low
listen to its increased crescendo,
slowly...fa...
sol...
la...
ti...
DO!

0 comments:

Post a Comment